Skip to main content

Sources of Support

Information for Students  |  Information for Staff  |  Emergency Contacts  |  Concerned about Suicide  |  FAQ  |  Sources of Support  | Useful Links

In addition to the support services offered by the Counsellor, there are a number of other sources of student support available at Stranmillis University College.

The Students' Union

The President, Jonny Harper, is a sabbatical officer and former student and may be the first person you wish to approach. He may be able to advise/assist or direct you to someone else who can.

The Administrator, Hugh Storey, has knowledge of, and can advise on access to all student services within the University College.

Both Jonny and Hugh liaise very closely with the staff of the Student Support Centre and the services which they provide are complementary.

Halls of Residence - The Domestic Bursar

If you are resident on the campus you will find details of the support provided in the Halls brochure.  Matters relating to rooms, dates, and other aspects of accommodation, should be referred to the Domestic Bursar, in the first instance.

Student Mentor

New students meet their mentor during induction week. He/she is a third year student, normally studying the same degree programme or main subject.  You can seek advice and support at any time by phone, email or in person.

The Finance Officer

The Finance Office is located in the Main Building. You may wish to seek guidance if you are experiencing financial difficulties. The Finance Officer can help you spread the payment of course and halls fees.


The  College Chaplains would like to welcome you to Stranmillis. Students are welcome in any of the Chaplaincies as a place of study, for coffee and a chat, or for spending a few prayerful moments.‌

College Equality Advisers

The University College is committed to implementing policies designed to promote equality of opportunity and fair participation and rejects unlawful discrimination of any kind. Intimidation or harassment in any form is unacceptable and the University College has designated individuals to provide advice and assistance to students and employees who complain of harassment. These are the College Equality Advisers.  They are available to students and will channel complaints, negotiate between parties and offer confidential advice and information as required. Anyone who feels they would like to consult one of them should not hesitate to do so.