College Closure Dates 2020-21
- Christmas and New Year 23 Dec - 1 Jan
- St Patrick’s Day 17 Mar
- Easter 2 - 6 Apr
- May Bank Holiday 3 May
- Spring Bank Holiday 31 May
- July Holidays 12 - 16 July
- August Bank Holiday 30 Aug
Annual Events 2020-21
- College Service 28 Sep
- Act of Remembrance 11 Nov
- Carol Service 17 Dec
- Open Day and Careers Event TBC
- music@stran TBC
- LLL Annual Event TBC
- Celebration Event TBC
2020-21 Semester Dates (PGCE)
- Induction 7 Sep
- School Based Work 12 Oct - 22 Nov
- School Based Work 8 Mar - 28 Mar
- School Based Work 12 Apr - 25 Apr
- School Based Work 3 May - 6 Jun
- Term End 13 Jun
2020-21 Semester Dates (BA, BEd and BSc)
- Welcome and Orienattion 28 -29 Sep
- Teaching and Placement 28 Sep - 18 Dec
- Christmas break 21 Dec - 11 Jan
- Varied Programme 11 - 22 Jan
- Teaching and Placement 25 Jan - 28 Mar
- Easter break 29 Mar - 18 Apr
- BEd, BA & BSc Teaching and Placement 19 Apr - 23 May
- BEd, BA & BSc Assessment period 24 May - 6 Jun
- Winter 16 Dec 2020
- Summer 1 - 7 Jul 2021
Graduation Checklist and Deadlines
Checklist to help you understand the graduation process and what you need to do.
Register for Graduation
You must register your intention to attend, defer or not attend (absentia).
REASONS TO STUDY AT STRANMILLIS
Stranmillis is ranked 1st in Northern Ireland, and 6th in the UK, for student satisfaction.
100% of our undergraduate students undertake an extensive programme of work-based placements.
Our graduates are highly sought after, with an unemployment rate of just 0.6% six months after graduation.
A third of our students take up the opportunity to spend time studying abroad.
67% of our academic teaching staff are qualified to doctoral level.
We are proud to have a 95% student success rate.
The UK Quality Assurance Agency reports the highest level of confidence in academic standards.
Network of partners
The College has a network of over 750 school, education and alternative placement partners.