College Closure Dates 2021-22
- August Bank Holiday 30 Aug 2021
- Christmas and New Year 24 Dec - 03 Jan
- St Patrick’s Day 17 Mar 2022
- Easter 15-19 Apr 2022
- May Bank Holiday 02 May 2022
- Spring Bank Holiday 02 Jun 2022
- Platinum Jubilee Bank holiday 3 Jun 2022
- July Holidays 11 - 15 Jul 2022
Annual Events 2021-22
- College Service 22 Sep 2021
- International Student Day 03 Nov 2021
- International Staff Day (online) 04 Nov 2021
- Act of Remembrance 11 Nov 2021
- Carol Service 16 Dec 2021
- Panto TBC
- Open Day and Careers Event TBC
- music@stran TBC
- Erasmus/International Farewell Lunch TBC
- Celebration Event TBC
- Study Abroad Graduation TBC
2021-22 Semester Dates (PGCE)
- Autumn Term 31 Aug - 17 Dec 2021
- Spring Term 03 Jan - 08 Apr 2022
- Summer Term 03 May - 10 Jun 2022
2021-22 Semester Dates (BA, BEd and BSc)
- Autumn Term 20 Sept - 17 Dec 2021
- Christmas Break 20 Dec 2021 - 7 Jan 2022
- Assessment and other activities 10 - 21 Jan 2022
- Spring Term 24 Jan - 8 Apr 2022
- Easter break 11 - 29 April 2022
- Summer Term 3 - 20 May 2022
- Assessment period 23 May - 01 Jun 2022
- Winter 08-10 Dec 2021
- Summer 30 Jun - 08 Jul 2022
Graduation Checklist and Deadlines
Checklist to help you understand the graduation process and what you need to do.
Register for Graduation
You must register your intention to attend, defer or not attend (absentia).
REASONS TO STUDY AT STRANMILLIS
Stranmillis is ranked 1st in Northern Ireland, and 6th in the UK, for student satisfaction.
100% of our undergraduate students undertake an extensive programme of work-based placements.
Our graduates are highly sought after, with 97% in employment or further study fifteen months after graduation.
A third of our students take up the opportunity to spend time studying abroad.
67% of our academic teaching staff are qualified to doctoral level.
We are proud to have a 95% student success rate.
The UK Quality Assurance Agency reports the highest level of confidence in academic standards.
Network of partners
The College has a network of over 750 school, education and alternative placement partners.