College Closure Dates 2019-20
- Christmas and New Year 23 Dec - 1 Jan
- St Patrick’s Day 17 Mar
- Easter 10 - 14 Apr
- May Bank Holiday 8 May
- Spring Bank Holiday 25 May
- July Holidays 13 - 17 July
- August Bank Holiday 31 Aug
Annual Events 2019-20
- College Service 23 Sep
- Act of Remembrance 11 Nov
- IfSA Thanksgiving Dinner 22 Nov
- Stran Panto 30 Nov - 7 Dec
- Carol Service 12 Dec
- Open Day and Careers Event 29 Jan
- music@stran TBC
- LLL Annual Event 24 Jun
- Celebration Event TBC
2019-20 Semester Dates (PGCE)
- Induction 2 Sep
- School Based Work 7 Oct - 8 Nov
- School Based Work 6 Jan - 7 Feb
- School Based Work 16 Mar - 8 May
- Term End 12 Jun
2019-20 Semester Dates (BA, BEd and BSc)
- Welcome Week 16 - 20 Sep
- Teaching and Placement 23 Sep - 13 Dec
- Christmas break 16 Dec - 3 Jan
- Varied Programme 6 - 17 Jan
- Teaching and Placement 20 Jan - 3 Apr
- Easter break 6 Apr - 24 Apr
- BEd Teaching and Placement 27 Apr - 8 May
- BA, BSc Teaching and Placement 27 Apr - 1 May
- Assessment 11 - 29 May
- Winter 13/14 Dec
- Summer TBC
Graduation Checklist and Deadlines
Checklist to help you understand the graduation process and what you need to do.
Register for Graduation
You must register your intention to attend, defer or not attend (absentia).
REASONS TO STUDY AT STRANMILLIS
Stranmillis is ranked 1st in Northern Ireland, and 6th in the UK, for student satisfaction.
100% of our undergraduate students undertake an extensive programme of work-based placements.
Our graduates are highly sought after, with an unemployment rate of just 0.6% six months after graduation.
A third of our students take up the opportunity to spend time studying abroad.
67% of our academic teaching staff are qualified to doctoral level.
We are proud to have a 95% student success rate.
The UK Quality Assurance Agency reports the highest level of confidence in academic standards.
Network of partners
The College has a network of over 750 school, education and alternative placement partners.