- Master of Teaching Course Coordinator
- Module Coordinator for Research Study by Public Works Module STR009
- Module Coordinator for PG Cert. Module ‘STR001 Teacher as Action Researcher’
- Module Coordinator for PG Dip Modules ‘STR002 Addressing Diversity and Tackling Underachievement and Learning Leadership’
- Module Coordinator for PG Cert. Dip Module ‘STR003 Advanced Teaching and Learning and STR004 Communities of Practice in Education’
- Module Coordinator for PG Cert modules ‘STR005-8 Teaching Skills I, II, III’
- Module Tutor for the Masters Educational Research Module EDU7024 for MA, MEd, MTeach
- Widening Participation Coordinator for the College
External Interests/Community Service
- School Governor for Post Primary
- Reviewer for the Journal of Innovative Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (IJITLHE)
- Evidence-based teaching and learning
- Social Mobility and Transformative Education
- School Based Work and the Lesson Observation
- Reflective Writing and the Development of the Educational Learning Leader
- Careers and Employability as an Embedded Curriculum
Background & Qualifications
- Teacher Educator and Course Director for the PGCE and Masters Programmes at Ulster from 2009-2017.
- Research Officer for RPL and Course Director for the Combined Studies and Access Degree at Ulster from 1995-2009.
- Teacher of Business Studies for 7 years Post Primary and Post 16.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Research & Scholarship
O’Hagan, C., (2020), Learning Leadership and ePedagogies, in Developing Technology Mediation in Learning Environments, IGI-Global. https://www.igi-global.com/chapter/learning-leadership-and-technology-enhanced-learning/249289
O’Hagan, C., McAleavy, G.J., Storan, J., (2005), Recognising Prior Learning: A Northern Ireland Study, Journal of Adult and Continuing Education, 11,1, 29-42.
McAleavy, G., Donegan H.A., O’Hagan, C., (2004), The Digital Learning Divide – responding to the access needs of citizens: https://personalpages.manchester.ac.uk/staff/Drew.Whitworth/tangentium/jan04/feature2.html
Purdy, N., Beck, G., McClelland, O’Hagan, C., Totton, L., Harris, J., (2019) Too Little, Too Late: The views of parents/carers on their child’s experiences of the Special Educational Needs (SEN) process in mainstream schools. Belfast, UK: NICCY
O’Hagan, C., McAleavy, GJ., Cornyn, J., Fleming, T., (2012), A Comparative Study into Further Education North and South of Ireland: Towards a Framework for Further Education Teaching Qualifications, Armagh, Centre for Cross Border Studies.
O’Hagan, C., McAleavy, GJ., Fleming, T., (2011), Research Report: Peer Mentoring as a Model of Teacher Education in Further Education, Armagh, Centre for Cross Border Studies.
McAleavy G.J., O’Hagan, C., (2009), Research Report: Evaluation of XL Project, Princes Trust, Bangor, Department of Education.
O’Hagan, C., Wilson, V., Fleming, T., McAleavy, GJ, Bleakley, EW, McCarry, H., Burns, R., (2009), Research Report: A Study of Work-based Learning Models and Partnership in support of Post Compulsory Programmes of Teacher Education, Armagh, Centre for Cross Border Studies.
O’Hagan, C., McAleavy, G.J., Wilson, V., (2008), Research Report: Establishing Communities of Practice in Further and Higher Education, Belfast, DEL.
O’Hagan, C., McAleavy, G., (2006), A Report on the Induction Project for Teachers in Further and Higher Education, Belfast, Department for Employment and Learning.
McAleavy, G.J., Adamson, G., O’Hagan, C., Duffy, G., Livesey, G., (2007), The Nature and Extent of Bullying in Northern Ireland Schools, Belfast, Department of Education.
McAleavy, GJ., O’Hagan, C., Devlin, M., (2005), Early Professional Development in Further and Higher Education: A research report on teachers needs, Belfast, Department for Employment and Learning.
O’Hagan, C., McAleavy, G.J., (with Storan, J., Saunders, D., Johnson B., Thompson, R., (2004), Transfine Project, Informal and Formal Learning Country Studies (NI), http://www.transfine.net/Results/CountryReports/UKreport_for_web.doc
Collins, K., McAleavy, G., Adamson, G., O’Hagan, C., O’Reilly, B., (2003), Combating Poverty: The Identification and Evaluation of the Mediating Factors, Belfast: SVP.
McAleavy, G., and O’Hagan, C., (2003), Deepening Participation and Progression through the recognition of Occupational Learning. Widening Participation and Lifelong Learning, the Journal of the Institute for Access Studies and the European Access Network, Volume 5, No 3, 50-53
O’Hagan, C. and Irwin, T., (2014), 7 Teaching Skills in Education and Training, ebook.
Noble, J, Casey, L. Knox, H, McAleavy, G., O’Hagan, C., Quinn, J., Saunders, D., Slack, K., Thexton, W., Thomas, L., (2004), Student responses to early learning. Leaving Early: International Perspectives on Working Class Students’ Withdrawal. Institute for Access Studies Staffordshire University Stoke-on-Trent 28 June (2004).
Quinn, J., Casey, L. Knox, H, McAleavy, G., O’Hagan, C., Quinn, J., Saunders, D., Slack, K., Thexton, W., Thomas, L. Rethinking ‘Working Class Drop-out’. Leaving Early: International Perspectives on Working Class Students’ Withdrawal Institute for Access Studies Staffordshire University Stoke-on-Trent 28 June (2004).
O’Hagan, C., (2003), Elearning in Higher Education. Dublin Institute of Technology. LTSN conference.
O’Hagan, C., November (2004), The Integrated Model of eLearning, University for Industry National Conference, Ramada Hotel, Belfast.
McAleavy G., Collins, K., Donegan, HA., O’Hagan, C., O’Reilly, B., Adamson, G., (2004), Addressing Policy Implications of Transgenerational Poverty, Belfast: OFMDFM.