Dr Anita Gracie
- Coordinator of Primary RE Specialism Years 1-3
- Coordinator of Catholic Religious Education Certificate
- Post-Primary B.Ed Advisor of Studies
- CPD course tutor in Primary Shared Education for the EA CASE TPL Programme
- 1st Year PliCS Programme coordinator
- North-South Student Teacher Exchange Programme coordinator
- Member of college Child Protection and Safeguarding Committee
External Interests / Community Service
- NATRE member
- AULRE member
- CCEA RE Advisory group member
- Churches’ RE Core Curriculum group member
- Methodist Church Board of Education member
- Children’s rights to, in and through education
- The pedagogy of religious education
- The pedagogy of PDMU
- Respect for religious and cultural heritage in education
- Teaching spirituality in the primary classroom
- Shared Religious Education
Background & Qualifications
- EdD QUB (2012)
- Adult Education Diploma in Theology, Milltown Institute of Theology, Dublin (1998)
- H.Dip.Ed RE and Mod.Lang. Trinity College Dublin (1995)
- M.Litt. Reformation History, Trinity College Dublin, (1993)
- BA(Mod.) European Studies with French, Trinity College Dublin (1991)
Research & Scholarship
Gracie, A. & Brown, A.W. (2019) ‘Controlled Schools in Northern Ireland: De facto Protestant or de facto secular’ in International Journal of Christianity and Education, Vol. 23(3) 349–368.
Greenwood, R., Richardson, N., Gracie, A., (2017) Primary humanities – a perspective from Northern Ireland, Education 3-13, Vol.45:3, 309-319.
Gracie, A. (2018) ‘Moving to Multicultural Classrooms: Lessons from the Celtic Tiger’ in Tonna & Madlinska-Michalak, Teacher Education – International Perspectives and Inspirations, Warsaw: TEPE Network. Available at: https://pbn.nauka.gov.pl/sedno-webapp/getFile/38842
Gracie, A. & Moloney, D. (2002) World Religions – an A-Level textbook, Scholastech Media Ltd.
Gracie, A. (2019) ‘Healing the Scars of Conflict: Teaching Religious Education in Post-Conflict Northern Ireland’ at the 1st European Conference on Religion and Conflict, Struga, North Macedonia, October 2019
Gracie, A. (2018) ‘Child Protection and Self-Esteem.’ In-Service Teacher Training Workshop: Sneha School, Dehradun, India, April 2018.
Gracie, A. (2017) ‘Pre-Service Educators Learning about Childhood Trauma: location and effectiveness of programme content.’ NI branch of British Psychological Society Conference, 23rd March 2017.
Gracie, A. (2016) ‘Controlled Schools in Northern Ireland – De Facto Protestant or de facto Secular? Shared Education Symposium Queen’s University Belfast’, 16th December 2016
Gracie, A. (2016) ‘Moving to Multicultural Classrooms – Lessons from the Celtic Tiger.’ Teacher Education and Policy in Europe (TEPE) Network Conference, University of Malta 16-18th May 2016